Solved

Azure Replication to different region. Cant find storage account

• 26 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

Currently trying to add a recovery target for replication to my Azure storage on a different region. For the Storage Account prompt, I could see other storage accounts for that Azure region, but not the one that I have recently created. Is there any way to troubleshoot this? Where should I begin?

icon

Best answer by Jiye 3 May 2023, 07:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Paul,

cvd.log on the access node would tell you more, but I would start from browsing the subclient (VM group) contents to see if you can see the storage account there (on Azure VM pseudo client > Subclient > Content > Storage account).

If you see the storage account on the subclient contents, it could be as simple as gui/refresh issue, but if you don’t see it from there as well, the next one I would check is to go to Azure portal and see if you have a resource group for the region. 

Could you create a case and tell me the case id? Probably a remote session would be easier to troubleshoot. We would need access to 1. your Azure portal 2. RDP to Access node 3. Commcell console/Command center.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Jiye Lee

Badge +3

Hi Jiye, 

Thank you for the response, we were able to add the storage account and create a recovery target to the other Azure region. When starting backup prior to the replication, however, the mount path suddenly turns offline. Where could the problem be? We have already created a container in the storage account and add azure as cloud storage

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you could add the storage account.

For the mount path, it depends whether it stays offline (in that case I would check HTTPS connection from the media agent to the storage account) or if it keeps changing between online and offline again. 

CVMA.log / CVD.log on the Media agent would tell us more as to why it goes online/offline, but I guess the easiest way to troubleshoot from here is to raise a support case.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Jiye Lee