Solved

Failed to map snapshot to host

• 5 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I am trying to run a backup of a VM and snap copy of the data store i have added the Nimble array (think this has been done correctly but as the Intellisnap documentation is so poor not 100% sure it has been added correctly if honest) everytime it runs, it gets to 15% and then displays the following message.

“ Error Code: [32:392]
Description: Failed to map snapshot to host. : [VendorId [ATA ] for device [\\?\PhysicalDrive1] is not matching for Nimble and hence skipping this device.VendorId [ATA ] for device [\\?\PhysicalDrive2] is not matching for Nimble and hence skipping this device.VendorId [HPE ] for device [\\?\PhysicalDrive0] is not matching for Nimble and hence skipping this device.]
Source: jupe, Process: vsbkp”

searching the error code does not help as the only meaning full answers i get say about upgrading the index server to V2 (it is already at V2) and something about an AD server which this isn’t.

ESX is 7.0.3

Commvault is 11.24.7 windows MA

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 5 October 2022, 19:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @JamesG , 

Those are the device types that are detected based on the contents of the subclient. My guess here is that the contents of the subclient contain datastores (vm’s) on devices other than the nimble storage. I suggest reviewing the contents of the subclient and confirming that the virtual machines are all located on the nimble storage. 

Thanks

~Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I agree with @Brian Butler , it seems that the array detected during the backup doesn't match the Nimble array configuration.

Please validate if the correct IP is configured according to your needs:

-For HPE Nimble Storage FC arrays, enter the management IP address of the storage array.

-For HPE Nimble Storage iSCSI arrays, enter the iSCSI Discovery IP of the subnet that carries the data traffic.

Badge +1

Hi Brian and Jos

thanks for your answers, it turns out the wrong IP had been used for the array in Commvault “array management” the control IP had been entered rather than the iSCSI discovery IP.

James