Solved

Manual Retention End Time

• 21 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Dear Commvault community,

I have a question about the extension of expiration of a VM.

Our regular Plan has 30 days retention and we need to keep a VM for 3 addition months lets say.

From Storage Policies Im able to find synthetic backup jobs and Im thinking to change Manual Retention End Time.

But, Im not sure If this is enough in order to keep this VM image for 3 additional months.

Please for your feedback,
Nikos

icon

Best answer by Luca Marinoni 21 October 2022, 16:42

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi Nikos,

if I understand you correctly you want to make sure that by putting manual retention the data doesn't expire?
If so yes the manual retantion on the individual job is respected as long as it is not less than the STGP retention.
If your concern is whether manual retention is put on an incremental job that dependent jobs do not expire, I confirm that the dependent jobs also do not expire because they are tied to this job with manual retention, but the advice I can give you is to put all dependent jobs on the same expiration date to keep track of what has been done, so you can see right away why those jobs should not expire.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Thanks @Luca Marinoni 

I was thinking to change the retention only in 1 synthetic full backup, It’s easier and don't mesh with incremental :)

Badge +3

You can use the Add days below, but it could be dinamic if you change retantion on STGP.