Solved

removing multiple users from Gmail and Google Drive backups

• 12 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I need to remove some 1000 users from the Gmail and Google Drive backups. do we have any automated or easy method to complete it.

icon

Best answer by Abhinandan Jain 28 July 2022, 15:00

View original

8 replies

Badge +1

Hi Allan,

Please find the file attached.

Instructions usage:

• file requires cvpysdk and Python 3.9 as dependency.

• In the file: fill the commcell, login, client, subclient details.

• on line 80: mail, enableTeamDrive and enableMultiDomain as 1, if required to enable team drive backup on subclient,

• file, will output, two XML files: exec_first_prop_update.xml and exec_second_q_cmd.xml

• on the cs, go to base folder and open a cmd session with admin privileges.

• run qlogin

• run qoperation execute -af "path_to_exec_first.xml"

• run qoperation execute -af "path_to_second_file.xml"

In the community thread, I saw that the user emails are in a notepad file.
We'll need to give the file path as an input.

(Remove the .txt extension from the file to convert it to a Python script)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I followed up with the devs I was chatting with.  Hopefully we can get a response soon.

Thanks Mike, will wait for Devs update! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I followed up with the devs I was chatting with.  Hopefully we can get a response soon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Sounds good.  I’ll talk to some of our developers to see if there are any command line methods to do this.

Thanks Mike, will wait for your update! 

Mike, just checking any update 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Sounds good.  I’ll talk to some of our developers to see if there are any command line methods to do this.

Thanks Mike, will wait for your update! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Allan0105 , looking into this for you.  I assume you have a text file with the user list that you want to feed into an operation?

A Workflow can likely do this, though we may have a qoperation as well.  I can find Exchange MB but not gmail or google drive.

Let me know how you have the information on hand while I see if we have any options.

Also, is the overall goal to cut down on size?  Or licensing?  Or compliance?

Thanks!

Mike, Thanks for the response. users are expired and not active users so we have to removed them from the backup job. i have the list on the notepad but i was searching for qoperation command but not able to find, if you can share me how to do with workflow that will be great too. i knew very little about workflow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Allan0105 , looking into this for you.  I assume you have a text file with the user list that you want to feed into an operation?

A Workflow can likely do this, though we may have a qoperation as well.  I can find Exchange MB but not gmail or google drive.

Let me know how you have the information on hand while I see if we have any options.

Also, is the overall goal to cut down on size?  Or licensing?  Or compliance?

Thanks!