Solved

what does timeout 60 indicate in workflows?

• 26 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi I would like to stop services through workflow ; how do i confirm that all the services are stopped 

what does timeout 60 indicate?

My workflow gets stuck at this step when i tried to stop services using :

GxAdmin.exe -consoleMode -stopsvcgrp All -stop

, with “waiting for response from workflow”

icon

Best answer by alligator 2 February 2022, 21:08

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Here is the workflow details, 

Open for suggestions/feedback :)

Workflow Inputs:

Input variable1 : <amazon_virtualization_client>

Input variable 2 : <proxy_name> #VSA proxy that needs to be rebooted

1: Using job module, looks for active jobs for the given <amazon_virtualization_client>
2: If there are active jobs, it will wait in a loop for each job to complete and checks for active backups again.
3: When there are no jobs, it would execute a .bat script on the <proxy_name> and immediately goes to Step 4 without waiting for this step to complete

.bat script contains the following commands.

GxAdmin.exe -consoleMode -stopsvcgrp All -stop
TIMEOUT 80
shutdown -r

4: Delay counter for 10 minutes  (workflow would wait at this step, this is the time for the reboot to finish and server to be online)
5: Performs a check-readiness on the <proxy_name>
6: Emails the user with the output of check-readiness on <proxy_name>

Schedule this workflow to run during a non-backup window monthly once according to the patching schedule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The timeout 60 means will make this attempt for 60 seconds before it stops trying to do the shutdown.

Can you add in the timeout and retry?  Can you share your workflow details as well?  

You could run a status check on the services after your stoppage to confirm it works well:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/7580_verifying_status_of_commvault_services_using_network_test_tool_in_command_line.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

yes it worked :) thanks Mike

i guess the workflow cannot wait for an update for that step as I’m stopping the services on that client, and hence its getting stuck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Awesome!  I’m going to split this into its own thread, so we can properly credit your solution to this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you Mike, 

so i tried without the timeout , and gave waitforProcesscompletion as false for that executescript activity in the workflow, so that workflow would move to next step.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@alligator , apologies for the delayed reply (just got back from vacation).

Did the change to waitForProcesscompletion work for you, or is it still not working right?

Thanks!!