Solved

Failed to fetch valid sas token

• 28 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

Hi all, i will try here, We have 2 MA in Azure that acts as proxy as well.. When we tried to backup VM from azure (to cloud storage) , if we configured MA 1 as proxy job completed, when we try to configure MA 2 as proxy its failed with "failed to fetch a valid sas token" error. Anyone had a clue what cause this error? Both MA with same OS, Disks, Permission, Version..

No drops from FW  & Network settings are configured (client/CS) 

icon

Best answer by Avior 4 February 2021, 10:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Avior,

I’m glad to hear your issue is resolved.  I just wanted to make a comment that we are currently working to resolve the challenge for customers that are using Azure Resource locks.  The resource locks create a problem during data protection because we create snapshots during backup that are deleted after the backup job.

Regards...Lorne  

Badge

Hi Avior,

I’m glad to hear your issue is resolved.  I just wanted to make a comment that we are currently working to resolve the challenge for customers that are using Azure Resource locks.  The resource locks create a problem during data protection because we create snapshots during backup that are deleted after the backup job.

Regards...Lorne  

Hi Lorne,

I’ve just come across this thread but we have discovered the resource lock as problematic to and I was wondering if there is any update yet before I follow up the call I have with support?

Many Thanks, Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Avior 

This is one of those errors that could have multiple reasons for occurring.

A common issue is seeing additional information in the VSBKP.log file on the VSA/MA proxy that says “The number of SAS URIs for snapshots belonging to the same disk has reached the limit of 5”. This could happen if there are leftover snapshots on the disk from previous attempts, sometimes caused by the job being suspended or resumed multiple times without a chance to clean up the existing snapshots.

Check that out and see if you spot anything around the “failed to fetch a valid sas token” log in VSBKP on the failing MA for clues. In the meantime, I have logged an internal suggestion to update this error to be more meaningful.

Badge

Hello @Lorne Oickle has the issue with Azure Resource Group lock been resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@yomeshk , Lorne is no longer here, so the best path for you is to create a support case.  Can you do so and share the number here?

@Ben Kennedy , my apologies for missing your reply.  I don’t see that you opened a case, so please advise if you did and I just can’t see it :sunglasses:

Badge +5

Hi Damian

thanks for your reply.

you are right, the proccess is like this:

1. start backup job
  2. stream open for few seconeds
  3. snapshot of the disks were taken
  4. error - The remote end has closed network connection unexpectedly
    Source: MediaAgentName, Process: cvd
  5. repeat until there is 5 snapshot to each disk
  6. failed with the error of SAS Token. (Failed to fetch valid sas token)

after the job is failed i deleted all the snapshots mannualy.

checked in the logs but didnt find anything, all FW Rules are set and all communication is working between the MA and the client...including CVPING and check readiness.

there is anything else that i can check?

Badge +1

My advice would be to double-check, if you have Azure resource locks configured.

We had an issue where we put resource lock on Azure Resource Group where VM was located, and with resource lock in place snapshots won’t get deleted after backup job completes. That may result in many many snapshots left, and could result in the error you have here

Best Regards,

Marcin

Badge +5

Hi we dont have Azure Resource lock configured :\

but, we could solve this by Support Team assist,

Update the CS, MA, Proxy for last hotfix (11.20.36 )

also added in CS additional settings key to bskippagefileextent to "false" .

and its working now