Question

Restoring from Ddata Domain Vault to Data Domain Production Library

• 16 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All.

I have a setup with DD9400 which is my production library and I have replication to Vault which is DD9900. We are trying to restore the data which is from the vault in the production site. I have created one mtree/storage and made it as library, I have created one more mtree/storage and made it as my vault replication. I want to restore the data which is getting replicated from vault to prod. Is it possible to do this task in Commvault.

Regards

Vijay

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @McCain BUR Team ,

Can you please confirm if initially replication to vault has been done by commvault itself ? is yes, then we can make vault copy as primary and copy all the required data back to production library.

note: When replication vault is set as primary all the jobs will be written to it.

Regards,

Suleman

Badge +1

@SMD The primary copy is sent to DD9400 which is a production library. The secondary copy is going to Vault DD9900. We are trying to replicate back to prod and then perform a restore. Actually this setup is DELL Cybervault Recovery. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi ,

Please confirm if the below setup is only on DELL Cybervault Recovery and not on commvault, if that is case then commvault will not have any information about data which need to be replicated. 

=> The primary copy is sent to DD9400 which is a production library. The secondary copy is going to Vault DD9900

Suggestion will be to perform replication from DD9900 to DD9400.

note: If we had setup primary copy and secondary on the commvault end, then we can replicate the data back to primary copy.

Regards,

Suleman