Question

Commvault Database to see schedule policy assigned to a VM

• 14 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Team,

I want to see schedule policy which is assigned or which ran for a VM backup job. From ComcellBackupInfo, i am able to get all the details related to Backup job but only schedule name is not available. Is there any other databse or table using which we can fetch this information.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can't you just see this information from the job history based on job id lookup? 

Badge +6

Hi Onno,

We have a workflow to fetch job history based on the start date and end date selected by user for n number of servers at once and we are using sql query to get the details in tabular format by querying into ComcellBackupInfo DB where job id is list of jobids.

Badge +6

Could someone please help me with above query

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Rahul,

The information you are looking for can be found in either of the following views CommCellBkSchedule or CommCellBkScheduleForSubclients. You can find by the schedule used querying the clientname.

Reqards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +6

Hi Edward,

I am looking to identify the schedule policy of a VM client which is a VSA client. is there any option wherein i can just give VM Name and it shows the subclient name of that VM and then the schedule policy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You would need to know which subclient from the vcenter that the VM is backed up under. Then query the table CommCellBkScheduleForSubclients  for the vcenter client and then look for the subclient in order to find the schedule.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka