Solved

REST API to create MSSQL Server AvailabilityGroup

• 28 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am working on automation which installs SQL iDataAgent on new clients and also creates AG (Availability Group) Instance.

I have found this API endpoint to push install the MSSQL iData Agent on the servers but I can’t find an example of creating AG Instance via API.

icon

Best answer by Gseibak 1 March 2024, 20:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@tonytony - easiest way to handle this is by using the “equivalent API” option when you add the new one in Command Center. 

this will generate the API for you and then you can then modify it going forward as needed.

Badge +1

@tonytony - easiest way to handle this is by using the “equivalent API” option when you add the new one in Command Center. 

this will generate the API for you and then you can then modify it going forward as needed.

I am using version 11.32.43 and I don’t have the equivalent API button. Can you send me the API Endpoint and JSON example?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@tonytony - if you don’t see the option then for 11.32 we can leverage XML for this - https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/mssql_availability_group_command_line_operations.html

the 3rd step in that procedure shows how to create using XML as input. 

Hope that helps.

Badge +1

@Gseibak Thank you!