Solved

configure gridstor in Command Center

• 27 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi All,

i’m using Commvault from several year. I‘m used to work with the Commcell Console but the command center become very useful and simple for commcell administration.

for new customers (not on hyperscaleX) i would like to only make them use the command center because it’s easier to use than Commcell console and also ,comparing to other product, the commvault “complexity” should not be an argument anymore.

in the command center some advanced configurations seems to be missing.

how to configure a media agent gristore in the command center ?

thanks in advance

Christophe

icon

Best answer by Albert Williams 28 November 2023, 00:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @ChrisCC 

Thanks for the response and i am glad you are having success moving away from the Java console and into the Command Center.

The Command Center is an ever growing product with more functionality being added to it very often but Grid Stor is not currently a feature that can be configured. 

A easy way to confirm if something can be achieved in the Command Center is if Books Online has an article in the “essentials” portion. 
essentials = Command Center
Expert = Java Console

In this case there is an outline on how to implement Grid Stor in the Expert but not for the Essentials telling us it is not a feature in Command Center as of yet. 

I hope this answers your questions.
Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +5

Hello @ChrisCC 

Thanks for the response and i am glad you are having success moving away from the Java console and into the Command Center.

The Command Center is an ever growing product with more functionality being added to it very often but Grid Stor is not currently a feature that can be configured. 

A easy way to confirm if something can be achieved in the Command Center is if Books Online has an article in the “essentials” portion. 
essentials = Command Center
Expert = Java Console

In this case there is an outline on how to implement Grid Stor in the Expert but not for the Essentials telling us it is not a feature in Command Center as of yet. 

I hope this answers your questions.
Kind regards

Albert Williams

Thank you for your feedback