Solved

Can't lower reserve space in Commcell console

• 17 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I came into work and noticed dozens of jobs in a waiting state due to the mount path not having enough free space.  I am aware that we need to add more storage and we are going to, but in the interim I tried lowering the reserve space from 6TB to 2TB.so that the jobs can finish, and I also see what can be cleared.  It’s not letting me change it.  It will only go to 5960 GB.  I currently have a ticket in with CV. 221017-401.

Is there a way to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 18 October 2022, 16:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the case share!  I see you are working with Vance who is a legend (as seen in his immaculate notation in your case).

As your engineer already mentioned on your case, this is not supported on Hyperscale 1.5 as there are built in safeguards to prevent the storage from running that low on space. When Hyperscale storage is at ~95% full, jobs basically stop writing and in Hyperscale 1.5 the performance suffers.

I see you are addressing the deduplication space reclamation to properly get your space back.

I’ll keep an eye on the case for confirmed resolution, though feel free to update us here as you can.

Thanks!