Solved

DDB space reclamation feature results

• 22 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The Quick DDB Verification Job identifies all the files that can be defragmented and logs the details in the DDBMntPathInfo.log, but Is there a Commvault log where I can find the space reclaimed after a DDB space reclaim job is done?

icon

Best answer by NVFD411 23 June 2022, 14:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello @Eduardo Braga ,

Thank you for your question on this feature.

Due to the high resource load the space check queries take we only perform this action at the start of the space reclamation procedure or when a quick space reclamation check is performed. This provides an estimate of all white space that can be cleared by the operation.

To perform a second check after the reclamation completed would require a significant number of new stat checks which would extent the time period of the job prohibitively from a resource usage perspective on the user platform.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Eduardo Braga -  Just to add to Mike’s answer.  Take a look at this topic, it explains a way to determine the amount of space reclaimed. 

https://community.commvault.com/commvault-q-a-2/i-want-to-reclaim-disk-space-using-the-ddb-space-reclamation-feature-but-how-can-i-see-how-much-space-can-be-reclaimed-93

Please let us know if you have additional questions.