Question

Unusual performance drop detected in pruning for following deduplication databases

• 18 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Unusual performance drop detected in pruning for following deduplication databases: [GDSP_ALL_<Servername_8]: due to increase in (CommServe Job Records to be Deleted) - Check details in: http://backupserver:80/webconsole/reportsplus/reportViewer.jsp?idstring

If i check the report, it’s grown from 0 to 12399 commserve job records to be deleted from 9’th january to today the 18’th.….

However, this media-agent is a media-agent that is spending half it’s life completely offline and shut down, and it has been shut down since the 9’th, and powered on again today, so i assume this is expected behavior, but because i have not seen this message before, i figured i’d check with the hivemind first :-) 

Software version is: 11.24.78

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  With the MediaAgent being offline a good deal of the time, it would be expected to run behind on pruning.  As for the alert, I am guessing that the threshold which triggers the alert was hit.  Are you able to leave the MediaAgent powered on for 24 hours to allow pruning to happen?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Yes, the media-agent will be on for about a week now, while a second media-agent is completely offline/shutdown.