Solved

Weird System Created DDB Space Reclamation schedule policy

• 25 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello,

let me ask your opinion about the following situation.

When I check the details of the System Created DDB Space Reclamation schedule policy I see that it looks like “corrupted”.

As you can see in the attached image, in the summary screen it shows Type “Data Verification” while in the dialog the type is “Data Protection”. Moreover, the Associations  tab shows the list of Clients instead of the DDB list.

Is this normal? How can I get rid of this?

Thank you in advance

Gaetano

icon

Best answer by Albert Williams 28 November 2022, 23:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good morning.  I agree that is not normal to see Data Protection there, at least my lab shows it as being created with “Data Verification” as the schedule type.  I will check with one of my Server team resources and update this thread as soon as I have a reply.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @Orazan , thank you, this would be very helpful!

As side note, we are experiencing some problems with the space reclamation schedule and this misconfiguration could be related.

Gaetano

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello,

let me update the thread with the current status.

After a reboot of the PC that runs the ComCell, now the Type field is coherent, even if on the “wrong” side.

Now the system created policy for space reclamation is of type Data Protection while it should be Data Verification. 

I also checked the Audit Trail Log and couldn’t find any meaningful change on this policy.

If you have any suggestion it will be the welcome

Gaetano

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello Gaetano,

Can you advise the Feature and Maintenance release you are on? I can see there is a hotfix that is not to old and addressed a number of GUI related bugs,this may be included. 

Can you advise if before you were accessing the Java GUI directly on the CommCell server or from a remote machine? In my experience i have hit a number of GUI bugs due to not using the JAVA directly on the CommCell server its self.

Always Happy to help!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Albert Williams ,

we are on CommServe Version: 11.25.54

I always access the CommCell Console Java GUI from a remote machine, specifically my work laptop.

Actually thre must be something wrong with the GUI because, following your suggestion, if I check the status now I get the following

On my PC

Directly on the CommServ

The same Schedule Policy appears differently according to where I access it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for the update Gaetano,

Can you confirm that the version of Java installed on your Laptop is the same one that is installed on the CS? You may need to update it and then test again,

The following goes over those steps if needed: https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/3838_opening_commcell_console_with_jar_file.html

Always happy to help!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you @Albert Williams for your suggestion.

The Java being used is the one installed with the Commvault package in the path C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\jre\bin.

On my PC I see version 11.0.7 while on the CommServ I see 11.0.11, do you think this can be the root couse of the discrepancy?

Consider that I experienced the same issue on all the PCs of the team

Gaetano

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

just a positive update on this topic.

The console opened with netx.jar works perfectly so the problem is that on the lab PCs we have an obsolete package.

After the needed update everything is fine again, thank you!

Have a nice day

Gaetano