Solved

Scheduling AirGap Intervals on HyperScale X Nodes

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

am I right in saying that “Scheduling AirGap Intervals on HyperScale X Nodes” pretty much just shuts down access to the HSX between the times you enter ie 9am - 9pm ?

https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/scheduling_airgap_intervals_on_hyperscale_x_nodes_01.html

Also, if I have a second HSX cluster in my DR Site that just stores AUX copies and I enable scheduled AirGap intervals what happens if an AUX copy is still running as it got delayed ?

icon

Best answer by Albert Williams 2 May 2024, 01:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @atitagain 

You are correct in the scheduled Air Gap will allow a window where communication is available.

In regards to the AUX copy, it will most likely go into a pending status and start again when the next job runs.

I would recommend setting a max run time on the Aux copy job to be 1 hour longer than your interval time so that it does not sit there waiting and instead allows a new schedule to run when the Air Gap Interval kicks in again. 

NOTE: Killing a Aux copy job does not lose any of its progress and the next job will just run for where the last one stopped. 

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming for me.

If I have an AUX copy from my DR HSX cluster to Tape running ie end of month will this job suspend also or is it just jobs writing to the HSX that suspend ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @atitagain 

If the tape library is locally attached to the library so I cannot see why it communication would be interupation on the writing to the library.

As long as the CS can still talk to the HSX then those Aux copy jobs should still carry on.

Kind regards

Albert Williams