Commvault Support

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello.

I wonder if I’m the only one experiencing this.
But why do bother with uploading logfiles prior to a case is created as it seems that Support isn’t even reading them, although it’s described in incident whats needed. ?

It seems that when Support comes back, it feels that they didn’t even bother to read the description at all. Most times a remote session is needed, although they have information to start of from.

Okej, I’m ranting a bit but it is annoying.

//Henke

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Henke, I can appreciate your frustrations.  One benefit of having the log files when you raise the case is to ensure that we capture any information that is available at that point.  In some cases, by the time you have a call back from support, you can find that the activity in the environment has caused the relevant log files to be overwritten.

We continually strive to improve our support offerings and you may have noticed an improvement in the suggested resolutions while raising the case.  This is based in large part on the information you submit in the case notes with error codes being a very useful piece of information to include.

If your are an ESP customer you can raise your concerns with your Success Account Manager, otherwise your Commvault Account Manager or Partner can advocate on your behalf.  For particular incidents you also have the option of escalating the case for additional review.

In addition I will raise this Community Post with my management team for review.

Regards

Steven.