Solved

Security Assessment report - "Requires user authentication for installing agents"

• 28 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

in the Commvault Security Assessment report, the item “Requires user authentication for installing agents” says:

Authentication is not required
Commvault recommends you enable this setting

Where do i do this? The “How to Change this setting” link goes to http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=8077.htm which seems to just tell you how to authenticate while installing a client, not how to enforce the setting on the Commcell?

I have the 11.28/2022E version.

icon

Best answer by Matt Medvedeff 29 October 2022, 16:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @KelvinF 

You can enable this option in the Commcell Console. Right click on the Commserve icon → Properties ->Security tab → Check the box at the bottom of the dialog:

That should enforce any installs to require Authentication to the Commserve. Thanks

Badge

If you enable this, will it still allow authentication codes to pass? Documentation makes it sound like one or the other.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, can this option be disabled ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @KelvinF 

You can enable this option in the Commcell Console. Right click on the Commserve icon → Properties ->Security tab → Check the box at the bottom of the dialog:

That should enforce any installs to require Authentication to the Commserve. Thanks

I think by now it makes sense to have this turned ON by default as it adds an additional security layer.