Solved

Security Assessment report - "Requires user authentication for installing agents"

• 28 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

in the Commvault Security Assessment report, the item “Requires user authentication for installing agents” says:

Authentication is not required
Commvault recommends you enable this setting

Where do i do this? The “How to Change this setting” link goes to http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=8077.htm which seems to just tell you how to authenticate while installing a client, not how to enforce the setting on the Commcell?

I have the 11.28/2022E version.

icon

Best answer by Matt Medvedeff 29 October 2022, 16:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @KelvinF 

You can enable this option in the Commcell Console. Right click on the Commserve icon → Properties ->Security tab → Check the box at the bottom of the dialog:

That should enforce any installs to require Authentication to the Commserve. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @KelvinF 

You can enable this option in the Commcell Console. Right click on the Commserve icon → Properties ->Security tab → Check the box at the bottom of the dialog:

That should enforce any installs to require Authentication to the Commserve. Thanks

I think by now it makes sense to have this turned ON by default as it adds an additional security layer. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, can this option be disabled ?

Badge

If you enable this, will it still allow authentication codes to pass? Documentation makes it sound like one or the other.