Solved

Unable to login using predefined root and password to FREL

• 29 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I was deployed FREL version CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 to my VM lab to test prior to deploy it in our prod environment. The root password was predefined during the OVA deployment but upon login to i was not able to login successfully using my root password. Why is that happen? is there a default user that i can use to change the FREL root credential?

icon

Best answer by r0lansaad 29 December 2021, 14:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

FREL login prompt after successful deployment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @r0lansaad 

Just to make sure we have everything covered, please would you check the steps have been followed here: Deploying a VMware File Recovery Enabler for Linux.

In particular the deployment method from vCenter:

• Requirements for the ESX server where the File Recovery Enabler is deployed:

• 2 vCPUs

• 8 GB of RAM

• An 80 GB thin-provisioned or thick-provisioned disk

You must deploy the OVA from the vCenter, not from the ESX host.

I just wanted to make sure the deployment in your lab has followed the steps, there are a few historic cases I’ve been researching where this has been the issue.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello @Stuart Painter ,

Appreciate your response, thank you. Actually I deployed it from ESXi and use 2vcpu, 4GB RAM and 80GB vdisks. I tried to reset the root password via single user mode and remount the /sysroot with RW mode and I successfully login.

Then I tried to run manual registration using SIMCallWrapper command and FREL went successfully registered to the Commcell.

The next is to plan a test backup to test vm and will test the granular recovery. Let see.

rolan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @r0lansaad 

Thank you for the confirmation, good luck with the rest of you lab tests.

As you’ve provided a solution, I’ll go ahead and mark your response as Best answer.

Thanks,

Stuart