Skip to main content

I’ve started to integrate the api within Databricks.

With common script and managed to extract all client / sub Clients using the documentation provided from customer Support.
I asked internally to our SysAdmin that manage CommVault,  to give me an extraction of the data from CommVault (All Clients).

The list given from sysAdmin does not match with what I extract from API ( Like 4000+ hostname in mismatch).
My Question is :

1. Has someone encountered this issue?
  2. Shouldn’t route /Client return ALL  and I Mean ALL clients that I see on CommVault application?
  3. Why do we encounter a mismatch between API and commVault Extraction?

The Client API call is returning all clients in my lab.

Does the account you’re authenticating with for the API query have full access?

Thanks,
Scott

Not sure about this.
Can you tell me exactly where to look in CommVault to see if my account has full access?

Thanks,

Federico

Hi Scott,

I’ve asked to our sysAdmin, they’ve told me that they gave me VIEW permission on my user to our CommServer.
It is the right permission?

Thank you,

Federico

Command Center | Manage | Security | Users and User Groups

You can review the Roles and Associated Entities for your account and/or groups.  However, if you have a large number of clients, this might be a complex task.

An easier thing you might try.  Log into Commvault using the same account you’re using for the API queries and see what clients you see.  Spot check a few of those 4000+ to see if you see them or not.  If you do not see them in the Commvault UI, it’s a permissions issue and you’re not going to see them in your API results either.

Thanks,
Scott

An easier thing you might try.  Log into Commvault using the same account you’re using for the API queries and see what clients you see.  Spot check a few of those 4000+ to see if you see them or not.  If you do not see them in the Commvault UI, it’s a permissions issue and you’re not going to see them in your API results either.

Login to Commvault with your account and see if you see everything.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,
we Figured out that the list given from our SysAdmin also cointaned VM and Kubernates Applications, which is correct that /client route does not return them, but we have to integrate the routes for getting VM and Kubernates Applications.

Appreciate your help, through.

Kind Regards,

Federico