Skip to main content

You can refresh data-centers from the GUI, is there an equivalent for the REST api?

The api explorer has /v2/vsa/hypervisor/clientID/refresh

But that seems to only refresh the actual DC list, rather than the VM list.

Basically I want to be able discover a VM that is not currently a part of a subclient.

Thanks.

Chris.

Hi @christopherlecky 

Thanks for the question, I’ll do some research internally to see if there’s a specific API call to refresh or discover VMs, but in the meantime, please check if this helps:

REST API - GET Datastore Browse

This operation browses datastores.

requestType

The type of browse to perform. The value used for requestType affects the values used for the entityName parameter. See the description for entityName for details.

Valid values are:

• MOUNTSNAP

• INVENTORY

• DATASTORES_ON_HOST

• RESOURCE_POOLS_ON_HOST

• FILES_ON_DATASTORE

• NETWORKS_ON_HOST

This doesn’t explicitly mention that a discovery will take place, but potentially by querying requestType=INVENTORY or DATASTORES_ON_HOST that might achieve the same outcome.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi @christopherlecky 

Thanks for the question, I’ll do some research internally to see if there’s a specific API call to refresh or discover VMs, but in the meantime, please check if this helps:

REST API - GET Datastore Browse

This operation browses datastores.

requestType

The type of browse to perform. The value used for requestType affects the values used for the entityName parameter. See the description for entityName for details.

Valid values are:

• MOUNTSNAP

• INVENTORY

• DATASTORES_ON_HOST

• RESOURCE_POOLS_ON_HOST

• FILES_ON_DATASTORE

• NETWORKS_ON_HOST

This doesn’t explicitly mention that a discovery will take place, but potentially by querying requestType=INVENTORY or DATASTORES_ON_HOST that might achieve the same outcome.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart, I surmised the same thing, but this seems like missing functionality. 

Let me know what you find internally. 

Thanks.

Hi @christopherlecky 

I’ve done some research internally and haven’t turned anything up, so I’ve asked a question to our Developers to see if we have an API call available.

I’ll let you know once I have some more info.

Thanks,

Stuart

They can use below API with the payload

POST Qcommand/qoperation execute

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?><EVGui_RefreshTemplateInformationReq clientId="0" flags="0" instanceId="197"/>

To get Instance Id for particular client :

https://api.commvault.com/#e12f8a73-87cb-d7d3-872d-82cbeadd5c4a

-Rathna Sowmya

They can use below API with the payload

POST Qcommand/qoperation execute

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?><EVGui_RefreshTemplateInformationReq clientId="0" flags="0" instanceId="197"/>

To get Instance Id for particular client :

https://api.commvault.com/#e12f8a73-87cb-d7d3-872d-82cbeadd5c4a

-Rathna Sowmya

This looks perfect, how do I know when the refresh has completed?

Also, if customer wants to get this themselves (similar to Equivalent API), we can request a CMR from them.

Thanks, I may do that.