Skip to main content
Solved

Workflow questions: suspend jobs and executecommand

• 12 May 2022
  • 2 replies

I am working on a workflow that will, among other pieces, suspend all running jobs and then execute a command on each CV infrastructure server. However, I’m having trouble with two aspects of this. 

First: I have been unable to force the script to wait until all jobs have actually suspended before continuing on to the next steps. It executes the command, and all jobs suspend, but the next step still happens even while there are jobs in “Suspend Pending” status. How can I force the workflow to pause/hold until all jobs are suspended?

Second: I have a Client Computer Group created that contains all of the servers on which I’m wanting to execute the script. How do I program into the workflow to automatically choose that group?

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kirk Brown , let me see if I can get some internal folks to reply and help!

@Chris Sunderland 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

there is no command/option to wait for all the jobs to stop. I thinkt best way is to do a sql query here.

I am not sure what you mean by automatically pick the group. Are you looking for information on how to run a script on all clients in a group? There is a demo workflow that shows how to do this.