Skip to main content

I am trying to estimate the capacity I am going to need when changing the retention time on my Global Deduplication policy - Primary copy from 30 days to one year.

If I look at the capacity of the storage policy now, w/ the 30-day retention period, would multiplying that by 12 give me an accurate estimate on capacity I will need to keep that primary copy for one year?  Ex - Primary copy w/30-day retention period = 300GB - changing to 365-day retention period = 3.6TB ?

Hi @MarcL 

We have Commvault Solution Design Tool, this might be helpful in calculating the Total backup storage.

Please try accessing the link: 

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/reportsplus/reportViewer.jsp?reportId=SDTRequests

If you are returned back to the Web Console home page, please write an email to CloudServices@commvault.com including the Commcell ID and ask for the access. 

If you still get the issues, please open IT Helpdesk ticket to request being added to the AD group.

Nutan Pawar G  - Thank you for the information, I am emailing the cloud services team now. I appreciate your help.