Skip to main content

Has anyone seen the error below? I just created a new Storage Policy , associated it to the client and did the test and it is returning the following error:

Try pinging what is crossed out from the CommServe and see if it resolves the name properly. 

what is crossed out is just the name of the media agent

Description: Unable to communicate with the remote machine [media-agent-name] to start the Data Pipe. Please check the network connectivity between the local machine and the remote machine and verify this product's Communications Service is running on the remote machine, Error [Unable to resolve remote host media-agent-name to any IP family: 0xFFFFFFFE:{CQiIPAddr::GetAllByName(217)/ErrNo.-2.(Unknown error 18446744073709551614)}]. 

If you ping it does the name resolve to an IP? This is a Windows name resolution error.

how can i change media hostname to IP?

it won’t let you at the media agent level, BUT if you have a file system installed on it you can change it at the file system level and that will be reflected on the media agent.

@Aplynx I asked the security team to release port 8403, now it has the following error:

Unable to communicate with the remote machine eip -media] to start the Data Pipe. Please check the network connectivity between the local machine and the remote machine and verify this product's Communications Service is running on the remote machine, Error rConnection failed on mantis3 with these errors: 1) No direct tunnel to ip-media; 2) Timed out waiting to be patched through a tunnel].

Unable to communicate with the remote machine eip -media] to start the Data Pipe. Please check the network connectivity between the local machine and the remote machine and verify this product's Communications Service is running on the remote machine, Error rConnection failed on mantis3 with these errors: 1) No direct tunnel to ip-media; 2) Timed out waiting to be patched through a tunnel].

@marcelo bernardes fernandes , sounds like there are issues with the network config.

Can you open a support case and share the incident number here?

Thanks!