Skip to main content

Hello,

I created Oracle database full backup subclient every day at 2:00 AM and Oracle archive log full backup subclient every hour. Both data and archive log use same storage policy At storage policy level I created auxiliary copy with selective copy all fulls. But when I checked the jobs inside this auxiliary copy I can find oracle data full backups only and it is not contain the archive log backup jobs. The storage policy primary contain all data and archive logs jobs

Hello @Damian Andre 

Thank you it is working fine as per my needs

Hi @Hesham Mostafa,

Selective copies only copy full backups - no other backup types, so archive log data will automatically be excluded (including incremental backups, differential, transaction logs etc.). You’ll need a synchronous copy to get the archive logs.

In a Selective storage copy, specific full backup jobs are copied from a source copy. The source copy can be either a primary copy or a secondary copy. Using a selective copy, you can setup to copy first or last full backup jobs based on automatic time-based selection such as all, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly full backups. For example, only the first or last full backup that occurs within the selected week, month, quarter, half-year, or year can be copied.

An auxiliary copy operation must be performed to replicate the data to the secondary copy.