Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m during the backups migration from tapes to disk library. I have encountered the problem with jobs that are somehow disabled. The retention of job is still valid. Auxiliary Copy is skipping this job.

This is the error that I’m getting when I’m trying to pick the jobs for copy 

Hello @Jakub.K 
The job is marked “Disabled for copy”. This will normally happen if a DDB verification job has run and found issues with it. Can you add the column verification status and see if it passed or failed? 

If that does not show anything can you right click “ pick for verification” and run a job based verification on the SP to see what it says.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hi @Jakub.K , can you check the evmgrs.log and see if you can find some log line like this

“ArchAllowJobForCopy returned error”

Using that info we can try to find out the issue.

@Albert Williams I started the Data Verification but the job is huge so it might take a while.

@Abhishek Narulkar About the error I found something like this:

ArMgrCS::allowJobForCopy() - Failed to allow jobId b84758] commCellId l2] copyId y282] for copy: INFO: FInvalid object name '#tblSelectedJobs'.] 'RecNum:1, Object:archAllowJobForCopy, State:42S02, NativeErr:208, Proc:dbo.ArchAllowJobForCopy, RowNum:1, Severity:16, LineNum:379, Spid:-1] 

Hello @Jakub.K 

Can you advise your CV version? 
There is hotfix 8502 that is available in FR32.19 or above that fixes the following error: 

“Pick job for copy may fail if there are child jobs associated to a job being picked”

The issue created this exact error you have provided so may be your fix.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hello guys,

After the hotfix installation everything works fine.

Thank you!