Question

Receiving multiple errors [13:138] error processing chuck after array disk failures

• 16 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I had 2 disks go bad in my local iSCSI SAN late last week. I have multiple mount paths attached to it from Commvault. The array has since been repaired, and the RAID rebuilt successfully, but I continue to get these errors, and my concern is there is some disk corruption on the drive(s). The mount paths are formatted in Windows as ReFS. I tried running scandisk, but it’s not available on ReFS, but I could use the Refsutil to scan and fix the drive if necessary.

I’m seeing the errors on Aux Copy jobs, which is interesting, cause all my Aux Copies are sending data to Azure, not the local SAN. Not sure if that matters or not.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Markc99,

The job here is reporting that the data is physically missing from the disk - not that it is corrupt. You can look for it yourself using the information in the error - chunk files should be in g:\BackupData\V_268403

If the data looks to be gone and you can’t get it back. Two steps you need to take:

1. Do a DDB-based verification: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/performing_data_verification_operation_on_deduplicated_data.html
  2. Once done, View the jobs associated with the library, check the verification status and you will have to delete any bad jobs
  3. You still have recoverable data from your secondary copy - but any jobs that have run since the raid failure may not be recoverable as due to deduplication, it could be referencing data that does not exist. Steps 1 & 2 will solve that.