Solved

Rest API: No SAP Hana Logbackup at Jobs Endpoint

• 31 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I am using a POST against the /Jobs endpoint to get all backup results. It’s filtered by JobType 4,5 and 14.

Now i checked my SAP HANA Backups and realized that there are no LogBackups but i can see them when i’m using the job history in comcell console.

Are there any more job types i should use in my filter to get all types of backups and restores?

icon

Best answer by Sunil 31 May 2021, 10:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC 

Can you add JobType 18 also to the list and try? SAP HANA log backups are initiated directly by the application and categorized as “Application Command line backups”.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC 

Thank you for the question.

Checking documentation, there are a number of jobtypes that are listed on the GET Job - jobFilter Parameter Values.

It’s not immediately clear which jobtype would be used for SAP HANA log backups, so I suggest doing a GET Job query for this client or even for a particular job and checking the results to see how these jobs are recorded.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Bjoern_SRZC @Sunil 

I have submitted an internal request to have this jobtype “Application Command Line Backups” jobtype=18 added to the documentation page.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC 

Thank you for the question.

Checking documentation, there are a number of jobtypes that are listed on the GET Job - jobFilter Parameter Values.

It’s not immediately clear which jobtype would be used for SAP HANA log backups, so I suggest doing a GET Job query for this client or even for a particular job and checking the results to see how these jobs are recorded.

Thanks,

Stuart

I wrote a test script to query every mentioned jobType and searched for the results. 

Now that we know it was not in the documentation i’m feeling better ;)

Badge +3

I’m having trouble to get MaxDB results as well. Can you tell me the JobType for them?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

MaxDB also uses the same Application Command line jobs. Didn’t the jobtype 18 work with MaxDB jobs?

Thanks,

Sunil-

Badge +3

Hi Sunil, i don’t have access to the system all the time so i could not test it yet.

I have a customer which migrates from Spectrum Protect to CommVault and he is monitoring everything on ISP site with our tool BACKUP EAGLE and he wants the same functionality for CommVault too.

Our test environment does not contain any Hana or MaxDB machines so i am flying blind until i get access to the customer system again.