Skip to main content

Hey Guys,

I have a question.
My customer has several Windows 11 VMs on his Nutanix. The problem is we cannot backup them. I have already read here in the forum that you should simply remove the vTPM. But this is not possible for this customer. Does anyone have this case?

Surely it must be possible to back up the VMs anyway?

Hey @Base64 - I connected with a product manager on this. It seems like a Nutanix limitation right now with the way snapshots are created for backup. They are testing in house to see if there is anything that can be done, but no workaround that is known at the moment other than disabling vTPM.

Temporary workaround is an agent-in-guest approach, which I know is not ideal, but it could tide them over by now while it is worked out between CV and NTNX.

In the meantime I also created customer modification request #464673 for this.

Hey @Base64 - I connected with a product manager on this. It seems like a Nutanix limitation right now with the way snapshots are created for backup. They are testing in house to see if there is anything that can be done, but no workaround that is known at the moment other than disabling vTPM.

Temporary workaround is an agent-in-guest approach, which I know is not ideal, but it could tide them over by now while it is worked out between CV and NTNX.

In the meantime I also created customer modification request #464673 for this.

Hey Damian,

thank you for your help :)