Skip to main content

Hello,

How’re you?

Need a hint please:

• I’ve a vm backuped as a vm under its vcenter
  • And an agent for a specific fs backup on it
  • As i’ve indexing v2 enabled, i see both backup types under the same commvault inventory entity, with 2 agents: fs + virtual server (virtual agent for vm backup)
  • Since i’ve probably made a mistake (i had to wipe/merge manually entities because of strange double reference for vm backup in inventory), when i try a full backup on the virtual server/backupset/subclient, i’ve already done 2 weeks ago with success, i get an error “there is no license available”

So:

• I’ve licence enough
  • I can’t find by myself how to re-enable licence on this vm  entity

Do you have an hint please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi @f-red !  Let's start with the basics.

What agent are you running for this specific backup?  Is this the VSA job backing up all of the vms, or the local File System install on the vm (meaning, backing it up like any other server)?

What is the exact licensing error?  It should specify the exact license you don’t have available.

Hello, thanks

What agent are you running for this specific backup?  Is this the VSA job backing up all of the vms, or the local File System install on the vm (meaning, backing it up like any other server)?

This vm is backuped twice:

• As a vm through a vcenter
  • With a fs agent

As name and specs are the same, and v2 indexing enabled, my inventory shows:

• <vm>
    • filesystem agent (no problem with it)
    • virtual server = virtual agent virtual server, thanks to indexing v2, allowing operation at the vm level, what i need

What i need/do, generating error:

I want to trigger a full backup for that vm only.

Again,thanks to indexing v2, i go to <vm>/virtual server/backupset/default = virtual subclient for virtual agent virtual server, for fine grained or vm centric operations

I make a right clic + backup + full and ok

And get a little error dialog telling the message i’ve reported: “there is no license available”

Job is then refused

Licence side, i’ve 2tb to be full, vm is 10gb (last full app size)

And a neighbour vm on the same vcenter (so backup with same vcenter pseudo client / entity, and subclient) is ok for same backup asked.

The only difference is that i don’t have made any merging / cleaning job recently

So i’ve probable made causing some kind of “licence desactivation” at the vm level, i don’t succeed to identify and revert

Something isn’t right then.  If you can easily backup another vm, same everything and there’s no error then I would open a support case (and share the number back here).  This isn’t adding up to something quick and easy, I’m afraid :nerd:

@f-red , following up on this one.  I’m not seeing a case in your name for this issue.

Did you end up getting it resolved?

@f-red I’m going to go ahead and close this thread as I do not see a case created.  I believe, based on your previous reply that you were able to find the vm you deactivated and revert.

If this changes, please update this thread so we can continue!