Skip to main content

Hello,

in June vCloud Director 10.6 was released.

As per documentation till now 10.5 is supported:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/vmware_cloud_director_system_requirements.html

I would be happy to know from Commvault Dev Team if they already working on it ? And is there already a timeline when it could be supported and in which version?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Marcel

Currently it is not supported. I raised CMR 459540 for it. We have a playground internally that I'm going to configure with VCD integration to see if we run into issues, but I already expect breakages. The implementation of Veeam also broke and they just released update 12.2 that contains compatibility enhancements see: https://community.veeam.com/blogs-and-podcasts-57/veeam-data-platform-release-12-2-new-features-and-integrations-8482

I really hope we can expect support soon as many of our customer are waiting for us to deliver VCD 10.6 as it finally delivers the ability for tenants to access firewall logs.

@Onno van den Berg Thanks for the information. I will write an email today to add us to CMR you opened. I you have any news from tests in the future, would be happy if you share it here.

@ CV - Dev Team would be glad to hear from your side how the plans are for implementation?

Thanks in advance.

BT

Yes, I will post an update once I have something to share!

got the question this week as well… 10.6…   will tag us to the CMR as well. Thanks guys!

@ CV - Dev Team - any information regarding this topic, timeline, version?

Thx & BR

@Rajiv - any information from your side you can share, regarding Timeline , Version where it will be implemented ?

Thx & BR

Marcel

I can share that FR36 and VCD 10.6 do not work together without an update. We just bumped our staging environment to VCD 10.6.0.1 and tried to set it up with FR36.18 which results in an error being thrown. Shared the information with engineering already. I'll try to keep up the pace.

@Onno van den Berg really Thank you for the information that you already tested and its broken after Update to VCD 10.6.0.1.

Hope get it working soon.

Thx & BR

Marcel 

Do we have any updates on this? I tried to ask commvault support but they did not provide me with a clear answer this time

I hope to be able to share something next Monday!

Update: the compatibility fix is in the making and I expect it will be ready within the next few weeks. Unfortunately, like many other, they ran into non-technical issues following the acquisition of VMware by Broadcom.  I'll update once I have something more concrete to share. 

Thx for the update @Onno van den Berg