Solved

New Office 365 Plan - to which Disk Library / Media Agent will it backup my data?

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

V11 FR24

I have to setup a new plan for Office 365, as we setup a plan when we retired a Media Agent a while ago as a ‘Plan Type’ - Server and not ‘Office365’

Now I have created a new plan, but not migrated any jobs - as at no point did it ask me what Disk Library that it should write the backups to

Which library is it going to use and where can I configure it?

I do have an Access Node - but that has no library

I’m very confused, as I rarely use the Command Center and this is in effect our first plan

Thanks for your help

Mark

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 21 April 2022, 14:14

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The O365 plan is only supporting the O365 backup process by defining the Exchange Configuration policies. These policies define what to back-up, which retention to use and so on.

The O356 app configured in Protect - Applications - Office 365 will still use a server plan for the backup target selection. When you open the O365 app go to Configuration, in the infrastructure settings you will see the server plan used. Check the server plan for your backup destinations

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Jos

I’m thinking I’m getting confused here with plans and nothing is actually incorrect!

I’ve had another crosscheck - am I seeing this correctly?

If I look at the mailboxes they are using a plan with the name O365 (this is a Office 365 plan)

If I look at the Infrastructure settings - that has a ‘Server plan’ which is called O365_P

It is O365_P which would dictate the disk library location

The O365 dictates the retention

So, there are actually two plans for a job and it looks correct

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes this makes sense and sounds good 😀
Assuming O365_P has valid backup destinations as you mentioned that you retired a Media Agent a while ago. But my guess is that you validated the storage policy configs during this change. 😉