Solved

Restore Error Code: [32:392]

• 1 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I´m trying to restore a SQL database, but it is in pending state and showing the error:

Error Code: [32:392] Description: Mount Volumes failed : [Failed to retrieve VM information from Index Cache] Source: ELB6620, Process: SQLiDA

Any tips?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 15 July 2021, 18:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Kayser 

Thank you for the question.

Reading through ticket history for similar errors, the MA might be playing a part.

Since this is probably a Microsoft Windows VM, restoring a SQL DB, please ensure that the MA used to perform the restore is a Windows MA, which should be able to mount the windows volumes during restore.

This issue can occur if a unix MA is selected to perform AppAware SQL restores for a Windows VM.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

Hi, Stuart.

Thanks for your answer.

All the medias here are Windows. I have opened a case and the support team is working now and the focus is on index cache problem at the media server.

I´ll post here as soon I have a confirmation of this…

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kayser !  Do you have a case number I can track?

Badge +1

Yes.

Incident 210701-6

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Adding a partial update from the incident as this seems like it might be resolved:

Started a new restore (*From copy precedence 1, rather than from snap; though VM was still from snap*) which is now running. No further OS mount or 3dfs port binding errors seen.
]

-Kayser then tried an out of place restore from SQL side, with name change. This is not supported from VSS.

-Therefore we started it again without the name change and restore is running.

Badge +1

The restore has run with success.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it!