Solved

Separating Media agent with DDB and disk library from existing Commserve

• 29 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello All,

I have one physical Commserve which acts as media agent. The JBOD is mounted to commserve as direct attached storage which acts as disk library.

Now I want to separate the media agent, disk library by moving the commserve module to new VM.

How to separate the media agent, disk library, ddb?

Will I be able to uninstall the commserve module from exisiting commserve and install the commserve module on new VM. Post cs installation I am planning to use CSrecoveryassistant to restore the DR dump on new VM to being back the environment online.

With the above steps done, my old commserve continue to be only media agent and new vm acts as commserve.

Will this work?

Regards

Ananth

icon

Best answer by tph 29 April 2022, 17:05

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Ananth,

I have not done this exact task before but found the similar question with a great step by step posted by @Marco Lachance 

Take a look

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello @tph ,

With respect to disk library MP, I will not be able to copy/move to other location due to no disk resources on new the server.

In this scenario, I am planning to share the mount with instance002 MA as network share. post this if I uninstall the instance001 whether the instance002 will still be capable to read and write data to the mount path post the DR restore to new CS?

Also during instance002 installation i am planning to use different client name and client host name as IP to avoid the rename operation post setting up the new commserve? is that ok as well?

My New commserve will have same client name and host name as same as the old commserve.

Regards

Ananth