When trying to install the Unix file system agent on a new machine. I use the following procedure.
- Create the client on the Commserver,but only for the purpose of being able to create a certificate.
- On the new client, run the cvpkgadd program. When it asks if there is a firewall, I say “no”. There is a firewall, but sufficient ports are open that when using the installer from Sp18 that it works fine. Using any installer SP20 or later, it us unable to establish a proper connection to the Commserver.
- If I tell it there is a firewall, and it tries using port 8403, it still times out. I have verified that the Commserve is reachable from the new client on that port.
- When using SP18, once the installer has completed, then I go into the commserve and provide firewall settings, push the network config and perform a check readiness.
- I can then update the software to SP23 from the commserve.
The SP18 installer does not have this issue. SP20 or later does. The Commserve is currently at SP23.
Also, would be nice if the documentation was update as the interface seems to have changed in the last couple of SPs, and all I can find in the documentation is “follow the instructions in the wizard”, which is not very helpful.
Best answer by DavidBView original