Solved

update a custom package > new Maintenance release 11.22.22

• 21 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello,

I am using a custom package 11.22.13 to deploy commvault on all VMs and servers.

Now I have updated my Infra to 11.22.22, it is a Maintenance release provided by commvault.

How to recreate the custom package, the maintenance release contains only InstallUpdates binary ?

can you help please ?

Thanks !!!

icon

Best answer by Laurent 21 May 2021, 17:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

If you updated, then make sure your software cache has been updated. 

Then, have you tried to browse to your software cache location ? You should have the source directories for each platform per versions.

Like this where I have v11 SP20 and 21, with Unix and Windows sources for each, as you can see in the tree : 

You can then run the setup for the concerned platform, and select the option not to install but generate a package, and follow the next steps according to your environment / wishes..   

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bloopa , this is the process direct for 11.22:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/expert/2101_creating_custom_package_for_windows_computers_using_download_manager.html

I’m thinking you need to download the actual media as you likely just updated and didn’t grab the full install media.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bloopa 

You won’t be able to use a MR update package to update an already created custom package. The custom package version is fixed with the media used to create the package and can’t be updated later.

You have 2 choices at this stage:

1. Create a new custom package using new media for 11.22.22.
  2. Leave your custom package on the older version 11.22.13 and run an update from the software cache on newly installed clients to bring them up to the same version as the Commserve and rest of the environment.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thanks to all for your replies.

@Laurent reply helped me a lot. I have created the new packages directly from the setup on software cache. Just before that I used the copy software option to copy the maintenance release 11.22.22  to the software cache, then I clicked on commit.

I can update directly old client with the new version from the commserve console. and for the new clients, I gave the custom package to the ansible engineer, now all new clients are deployed with the updated version.:thumbsup: