Skip to main content

We are excited to announce a new Kubernetes subscription coming to Commvault Cloud on May 31, 2024. As part of our commitment to enhancing our services, we are implementing changes to the metering and billing process for Kubernetes environments protected in Commvault Cloud.

What’s changing?

Commvault Cloud Backup & Recovery for Kubernetes will be metered using capacity (front-end terabyte) instead of per-app licensing.

How do I protect my Kubernetes Environments going forward?

There is no change in how your Kubernetes data is protected. However, Kubernetes usage will be metered using a new Kubernetes subscription instead of the existing VM and Kubernetes subscriptions. 

How do I benefit?

This change simplifies the Kubernetes environment licensing and makes sure your data protection needs are easier to size and scope for future planning.

What if I am already protecting Kubernetes Environments using the VM & Kubernetes subscription?

If you are currently protecting Kubernetes environments in Commvault Cloud, you will receive the new Kubernetes subscription at no additional cost associated with the metering adjustment.

How do I view my Kubernetes usage after May 31st?

Kubernetes Apps protected in Commvault Cloud SaaS will be shown in a new usage report for the new Kubernetes subscription-based capacity license.

Will Kubernetes usage consume VM licenses in future?

Protected Kubernetes Apps will no longer consume VM licenses from the existing VM subscription.

Be the first to reply!