Solved

Demo of Metallic Cloud Storage

• 9 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We have been waiting 6 months for a demo of Metallic Cloud Storage to test cloud second copy from our on-prem Commvault. 

Is this something Metallic does not do?

Do I have to just buy a small amount of space, month to month, in order to test your product?

All I get from sales is “I’ll follow up with the team on this”.

We just want to verify how it works before buying 100 TB of Metallic Cloud Storage Service - Commvault

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 27 April 2022, 21:10

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Steve-O this page https://www.commvault.com/metallic-cloud-storage suggests you can register and try it out yourself….

It is delivered as part of Metallic so I would give it try! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Steve-O , thanks for the question and welcome.  Definitely want to get you the requested demo  :nerd:   We are looking at this internally.

Myself or someone else will reply once we have an update for you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Steve-O this page https://www.commvault.com/metallic-cloud-storage suggests you can register and try it out yourself….

It is delivered as part of Metallic so I would give it try! 

Hi Onno,  That button is to demo a different product. (The BAAS product).  I am unsure why it would be on that page.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Steve-O , thanks for the question and welcome.  Definitely want to get you the requested demo  :nerd:   We are looking at this internally.

Myself or someone else will reply once we have an update for you.

Thanks!

Thank Mike,  Someone did reach out.  They are scheduling a meeting with the same people I discussed this with before, so time will tell if it works out differently this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it!  I’m keeping this thread open until you tell me someone has demo’d the feature for you!

Badge +1

Hi Steve-O,

We use Commvault onprem and have the primary going to disk and we do an auxcopy to the Metalllic Cloud. We have 100TB just as you are or were looking at.  Initially it takes a while to seed your data if you have backups you are trying to put into the cloud from onprem because our bandwidth was not huge and we had terabytes of data that needed transferring.  So it did take quite a while but after that we have not had any issues.  Its pretty much set it and forget it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks Da-chosen-1.

Glad to hear it works as expected.

I’m still stuck waiting for a demo.

I assume my Account manager, Sales Director, and VP WW sales have bigger fish to sell to.

3 weeks of silence after I send them times I can meet. (Which would be the third meeting discussing the same demo)

I am about 80% sure I am not going to buy their Metallic Cloud Storage offering at this point.

Badge +1

Sorry to hear that Steve-O.  Some professionalism and common courtesy goes a long way and should be extended to everyone no matter the size of the company or $$$ they are able to spend.  Can one of the Commvault/Metallic employees on this forum get a hold of Steve-O’s rep.  Even if he doesn’t purchase, he at least deserves an explanation or apology!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Steve-O , still nothing scheduled?  Let me reach back out and see what is going on.  I’m 100% with @Da-Chosen-1 .

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Confirmed with @Steve-O that he received his demo!