Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing the same issue as : 

whereby i am unable to change my storage policy retention settings from a remote comcell console. However my commserve is linux, so i have been trying to access the comcell console directly on the linux machine as provided in the solution above.

However when i run the command console, nothing happens. I am not sure if there are any specific settings i need to configure to allow console access from linux. Does anyone know?

Hi @MOGFREY 

What service pack are you on? Do you want to change retention for a plan or storage policy?

Could you try following the process mentioned in below link to access commcell console directly from a windows machine? It can be used to access Linux commserver as well.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/3838_opening_commcell_console_with_jar_file.html

Thanks,

Sparsh

Hi SparshGupta,

I am on SP32. The issue is when i try to change my storage policies and click okay, the change is not effected infact the policy displays infinite.

So i checked the community and saw someone also had a similar issue. The solution was to open the console directly on the commserve and change the retention settings from there.

However as i am not on a windows based commserve and the linux based commserve is cli-based not GUI-based, i was wondering if there was still a way of opening the console from the cli linux based commserver. I have been trying x11-forwarding with no luck

Hi @MOGFREY 

By following the method below, you can establish a connection to a Linux-based CommServe and open GUI locally using a downloadable JAR file on a Windows machine.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/3838_opening_commcell_console_with_jar_file.html

While I haven't personally tested VNC or X11 forwarding in a lab environment, I'll defer to other community members for their insights on these approaches.

Thanks,

Sparsh

Thanks SparshGupta for your response I am able to access the commserve.

Additionally turns out the issue of not being able to change the retention settings can be solved by updating the comcell console to the latest version.

Thanks for your support