Solved

Adding new Certificate

• 13 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

In my current environment I do have a certificate installed but that has an expiry till 2030. So need to re issue a certificate however issue is when i apply for the keys I am not sure how to push them to commvault and the rest steps.

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 17 February 2022, 07:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @pankaj 

Thank you for the question and welcome to the Community!

Both Command Center and Web Console use Tomcat web engine, so if these services are hosted on the same server, then you only need to perform this step once as they share the Tomcat service.

If you would like to replace the certificate for Command Center or Web Console, these are the steps you will need to follow:
Creating a CA-Signed Certificate for the Tomcat Server

Configuring the SSL Certificate for Tomcat Server

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

@Stuart Painter Well, as per our process, I raise for certificate and then I have two set of certificate. Prive key will be with me and other i send to the signing guys. they will sign but how do i use that private key and how do i push it to the server. This is a windows server where the comvault is installed

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @pankaj 

Once you have a signed certificate back from the CA signing guys, you will need to create a java keystore for use with Tomcat, which is the web engine for Web Console and Command Center.

You will need to follow the steps here: Configuring the SSL Certificate for Tomcat Server

This will allow you to add your signed certificate to a keystore and then apply to Tomcat.

Thanks,

Stuart