Skip to main content

Pretty straight forward there is a process for manually removing the Linux/Unix clients but I can’t for the life of me find the documentation. The standard methods such as cmvpkgrm are failing.

If you have it on it hand please share.

Thanks.

Chris.

From the install location (by default /opt/Commvault) run ./cvpkgrm if root, otherwise with sudo

I should have stated this in the initial post the standard methods such as cmvpkgrm are failing.

There is an alternative method that includes stopping the services removing /opt/commvault* and removing /etc/CommVaultRegistry I just want to make sure there are not steps missing in my memory.

Thanks.

Chris.

If you are unable to uninstall using “cvpkgrm” utility, and you want to clean up the Commvault agent installed, you may follow the below steps,

• Run “commvault list” or “ps -ef | grep -i commvault” and identify the process ID’s listed for Commvault agent and kill them (“commvault stop” or “kill -9 <<PID>>”
  • Manually delete the following directories, fmentioned below are default directories, if you have multiple instances installed delete commvault , commvault2 ..etc or if you have installed in a custom path (instead of /opt/commvault and /var/log/commvault), delete those directories]

/etc/CommVaultRegistry
/opt/commvault 
/var/log/commvault
/tmp/.gxsetup
/var/log/.gxsetup

Thank you @Shereef that’s exactly what I needed.