Skip to main content

I’m a long time CommVault client and the java GUI is my primary method of administering my CommVault backups.  I’ve been asked to enable multifactor authenntication using the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone.  I managed to get this to work for the Command Center browser based interface but when I try the java GUI, it just says “Two-Factor Authentication is enabled on this CommServe.  Please check your email for details to log on.”

The problem is that I’m using an administrator account that doesn’t have an actual email inbox so there’s no way for me to get the email.  

Is there a way to get the java GUI to behave like the Command Center and prompt for a Username, Password, and Authenticator code?

Ken 

This should be answered by someone much smarter and wiser than I such as @christopherlecky 

Thank you @Christopher L , clearly you are both handsome and brilliant beyond imagination.

@Ken_H 

The answer is yes and no.

When you turn on MFA you will NOT see an additional field for the mfa code.

instead you have to append the mfa code to your password when using the java gui

In FR 28, on the java gui login screen, you will see a new link called “Login with command center”. This will open the browser where you complete the login and the java gui will log you in.

Thanks everyone.  I’ve confirmed that both methods of connecting to the Java GUI while MFA is enabled work.  Thanks for the quick response.

Ken