Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am running CommServe in VMware. I have noticed that the CPU load is continuously rising.

In five days after startup it linearly rose from 1.2 GHz to 8 GHz. After restart it fell back to 1.2 GHz but is rising again.

Memory consumption is increasing too.

CommServe version is 11.26.8.

Top CPU consumer in Task Manager is “Apache Commons Daemon Service Runner” / “Commvault Content Extractor (Instance001)”.

No jobs are running since yesterday - scheduler has been disabled (it is demo installation).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Lubos

Hi Lubos,

I had the same issue in version 11.26.8. Support provided a hotfix for me that fixed the issue.

@Lubos Dvorak , I asked around and it sounds like you should open a support case.  I’m not positive that the update @Teemu Huoso was given will work, though it was a hotfix and likely best to have support confirm your issue.

Let me know the case number once created!

@Mike Struening , unfortunately I cannot open a support case as this is a demo environment under NFR license.

@Teemu Huoso , can you confirm the exact Hotfix you were given?  We can then see about @Lubos Dvorak applying it as well.

The hotfix I got was 2319. It should fix the issue with Content Extractor causing high CPU and memory usage.

The hotfix is bundled in the latest maintenance release. So I’d suggest you to update Commserve to version 11.26.13.

@Teemu Huoso Thank you for your answer.

@Mike Struening I confirm that this issue has been eliminated by updating to 11.26.13.

Thank you both for your help.

Will this HF be available in 11.24.34?

I am seeing the same issue on my CS and have no intention to upgrade to 11.26 just yet as we have only just upgraded to LTS 11.24

@MSP1983 , I don’t see a backport for 11.24 for this (it shows the issue originating in 11.26, though that could be based on the discovery process).

To request a backport, open a case with support, share this thread and the Hotfix number and the engineer will confirm the issue is the exact same, and request a backport from development.

Just want to confirm that SP11.26.13 solves this problem with SP11.26.8.

We have the web console on a separate server. I also noticed that several “WMI Provider Host” processes were using a lot of CPU.