Skip to main content

The commvault client failed to install when manually installing and now we get the window of “Unfinished installation detected”  Resume install OR Clean up unfinished installation and start over.  I would like to run the Clean Up Unfinished installation and Start Over but this radio button is not selectable.  I have seen this in the past and I believe there is a registry setting that can be changed to make that option selectable. Does anyone know the registry setting?  Using Version 11.24.34

Found from a previous post by Damien Andre…..if I did this then client install starts up as normal.

Remove: C:\ProgramData\Commvault

Remove: C:\Program Files\Commvault

Remove reg key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems

Remove reg key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\GalaxyInstallerFlags

@SteveM

You can take those steps and force the installer to start “like new” because you are basically tricking it into thinking there is nothing installed.

In a situation where an install is failing, we prefer to review the logs to see what was causing the failure before we attempt a reinstall.  This reduces the “circle of failures” that can occur.

The typical logs to check would be install.log and updateinfo.log depending on where the failure is occurring.