Skip to main content

Hi Team,

We are installing commvault agent on few Linux servers. we have firewall in place and we are using 8403 port for tunnel. Network/Linux team says that port 8400 & 8403 is opened bi-directionally but when we do telnet from the commserve, port 8403 is not connecting. we went ahead and installed the agent on linux server, once the cvfwd service started, 8403 port is start listening. 

Two questions here :-

1. before installing the agent , how to confirm from commvault end that port 8403 is opened ? as telnet/cvping is not helping 

1. is there any command, we can use on the client itself to see whether port 8403 is working before installing the agent and before starting the cvfwd services ?

Hi @Allan0105 

If there’s no running process on the OS listening on that port, then you will not get a response via telnet/cvping.

Beyond checking for any local firewall or iptables port restriction, you would need your network team to provide the evidence that the ports are indeed open. You could also Google around to find a network utility to bind to 8400/8403 locally before installing Commvault and try to telnet/cvping to that - but I would defer to your Sys Admin/Linux team for the best tool for this on your environment.

Hope this answers your question. Have a great one

Hi @Allan0105 

If there’s no running process on the OS listening on that port, then you will not get a response via telnet/cvping.

Beyond checking for any local firewall or iptables port restriction, you would need your network team to provide the evidence that the ports are indeed open. You could also Google around to find a network utility to bind to 8400/8403 locally before installing Commvault and try to telnet/cvping to that - but I would defer to your Sys Admin/Linux team for the best tool for this on your environment.

Hope this answers your question. Have a great one

Thanks @Matt Medvedeff , i am checking with them. do we have any other tools which will help us here ?