Question

CommVault M365 OnPrem - Exchange Online Index Status

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Community,

how can I update the index status of the Exchange Online Agent?
I have currently an Index status of April 10.

When I initiate a mailbox restore, only mails up to April 10 are displayed. 

Is it possible to refresh manually the Index Status from the Exchange Online Agent?

best regards,

Andreas

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @ak2 

Thanks for the great question!

The index is going to attempt to rebuild to the latest backup at the end of any backup job. If it is not showing the same date as your latest backup then there is most likely an issue with your Index replay. 

I recommend running a backup against just a single mailbox, this will then trigger a recon job and monitor these logs: 

IndexServer.log
IndexCheckPoint.log
LogManager.log
DataCube.log ( go to this one if you see SOLR errors in Index Server.log ) 

if you do not want to go through logs i would recommend a case to be raised and support can assist you to find why the index is out of date and not reconstructing. 

NOTE: In FR32 there is a new feature that allows you to expand more details on the index status, gives you how many jobs behind it is and you can submit a new Reconstruction request without running a job. Always recommend being close to the latest CV version to take advantage of these features. 

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Albert,
thank you for the information. I will back up a single mailbox and check the logs.
Will also plan an update to 11.32 soon.

best regards,
Andreas

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @ak2 

If your question has been answered can you please make sure to mark the thread as such.

Kind regards
Albert Williams