Skip to main content

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade commvault to SP11.26.8 from SP11.25.44. I want to ask or if there some known issuses in SP 11.26.38. I sow the Maintenance release documentation but there is nothing special for us. But i wanted to ask anyways.

@Egor Skepko without any specific information in regards to your environment it is pretty hard to determine if you might hit a known issue. the version you are targeting is a so called LTS release and many customers are already running it. based on our experience I can say by now it is pretty "safe” to upgrade to the FR26. 

@Onno van den Berg - 11.26 is not LTS release.

LTS releases are 11.16, 11.20, 11.24, 2022E

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/index.html

@SparshGupta sorry, you are right! My mistake as we ourselves are planning to move to 2022e already. Indeed FR26 is not a LTS release but that also doesn't make any difference for @Egor Skepko I assume, because he is currently also not running on a LTS release 😉 Anyway we are running on FR26 for a while already and can honestly state that by now it runs stable. 

@SparshGupta thanks for the correction!

Looking at LTS and new functionality alone I would choose 11.28 (2022e) over 11.26.
Additional reasons for this is:

• 11.26 is EOL on 15-Dec-2022
  • Under the hood security overhauls in 11.26 and 11.28, why not deal with it in one go
  • Command Center layout and reliability have been significantly improved
  • Companies are now visible in the Java GUI
  • Etc.

@Jos Meijer @Onno van den Berg @SparshGupta Thanks for the answer, we wil juist run upgrade and we wil see what working and what not

Looking at LTS and new functionality alone I would choose 11.28 (2022e) over 11.26.

• Under the hood security overhauls in 11.26 and 11.28, why not deal with it in one go
  • Etc.

Only reason not to go is that there aren't that many customers who already made the jump. Looking back this sometimes means running into unforeseen issues just because to jumped to soon 😉 But I assume you posted this comment based on positive experiences ;-)

• Etc.

Only reason not to go is that there aren't that many customers who already made the jump. Looking back this sometimes means running into unforeseen issues just because to jumped to soon 😉 But I assume you posted this comment based on positive experiences ;-)

True, not many have adopted this version yet as far as I know.
And again true, we have several environments running 2022e and works as expected 🙂

Nice, good to hear that you are positive! We are currently planning the upgrades of all our environments to FR28.