Question

Creating a custom install package for a MacOS 12 monterey client

• 23 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We have a “file server” that is a MacOS 12 montery machine I have built 2 seperate custom installers and both fail at the end with no error output just an installation failed message. is there something special about MacOS 12 ?

I notice here they do not have it listed:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/142144_system_requirements_for_mac.html

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @RobM ,

MacOS 12 is compatible with CS version 11.32. Could you please confirm if your Commserver is on 11.32?

System Requirements for Mac (commvault.com)

If it is, could you please proceed the installation with the 11.32 client package and let us know if that works?

Thanks,

Keshika Bisht

Badge +1

hmmm no we are at CS 11.28

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @RobM ,

With CS version 11.28, the MacOS 12 Monterey client is not supported. You’ll need to upgrade the CS to v11.32 for the support.

Thanks,

Badge +1

OK the mac hardware was purchased in 2022 when I type 

machine 

I get 

X86_64h

and uname -p 

i386

what architecture is that?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @RobM 

uname -p shows the processor architecture of your system, while uname -m shows the machine architecture. 

If uname -p is showing i386, it means your processor architecture is 32-bit. If uname -m is showing x86_64, it means your machine architecture is 64-bit. This could happen if you are running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU, or using a virtual machine that emulates a 32-bit processor.

Hope this info. helps.

Thanks,

Keshika Bisht

Badge +1

This is a hardware box so could it be a 32 bit OS on a computer that is 64bit