Skip to main content

Hi,

Since the 4th of April we see our M365 Exchange backups failing with the error:
“Error enumerating messages in one or more folders. Use View Failed Items to see the folder names.“

When we look at the failed items we see:
“Failed - All messages in folder o\~Archive Mailbox\~TeamsMessagesData], mailbox i]

The article Exchange Online backups fail with "Cannot open folder TeamsMessagesData. sNot allowed to access Non IPM folder.]" (commvault.com) does not apply to us as we applied MR 11.34.20 last Thursday (4th of April)

Does anyone know if Microsoft changed their API’s (again) or dit Commvault introduce a bug?

Hello @Danny 

Microsoft did make updates to their API’s and we have patched to address it.

Could you update to the Hotfix Pack corresponding to the Service pack you are running?

• SP28:
    • Install 11.28.111 or higher
  • SP32:
    • Install 11.32.48 or higher
  • SP34:
    • Install 11.34.20 or higher

Thank you,
Colln

Hello @Danny 

Microsoft did make updates to their API’s and we have patched to address it.

Could you update to the Hotfix Pack corresponding to the Service pack you are running?

• SP28:
    • Install 11.28.111 or higher
  • SP32:
    • Install 11.32.48 or higher
  • SP34:
    • Install 11.34.20 or higher

Thank you,
Colln

Hi Colin, thank you for your reply but as said in my first writing.
11.34.20 does not apply to us as we installed this last Thursday.

Best regards,
Danny

We are running 11.34.20. Does anyone know if this is solved in a newer MR?

Hi, 

I have the same problem but in 11.32.54 version.

Do you have some another hints??

Regards ;)

Hi,

Hi, 

I have the same problem but in 11.32.54 version.

Do you have some another hints??

Regards ;)

Hi,

You need to exclude the folder TeamsMessagesData on the plan. As we have a multitenant environment with over 15o plans we asked for a more general solution. Below the answer we got from CV Engineering

There is no option to apply such filter for all plans. But even if this filter is not set, there won’t be any impact of data protection.
Rather than marking jobs as successful, we may be marking them as CWE.
We will be rolling out few fixes, which will fix job status.
However, the fix may take more than month to get released.

Keep marking them as CWE might results we do not see other errors assuming it will probably be that teammessage error again. So, when we encounter such an error, nothing left than set the filter on the Plan

Hope it helps

Danny

Hi team,

I excluded both TeamsMessageData as you suggested and started the next backup task but I had the same problem. My error is: Failed - All messages in folder ~Archive Mailbox~TeamsMessagesData].

Perhaps you have a next suggestion?

Regards,

Hi team,

I excluded both TeamsMessageData as you suggested and started the next backup task but I had the same problem. My error is: Failed - All messages in folder ~Archive Mailbox~TeamsMessagesData].

Perhaps you have a next suggestion?

Regards,

You migth exclude “~Archive Mailbox~TeamsMessagesData”
I know Microsoft denied access to some folders for the API as it will no be free of charge anymore if you want to restore Teams Messages.