Skip to main content

Hi !

Just wanted to try the Commvault Cloud Commserve staging, as I’m trying to dig into SP to Plans conversion..

Following the documentation, I went to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/cloud/edc/Staging.jsp

But unfortunately, in the proposed Versions, my current Production version is not listed. I’m on 11FR21 (yes, FR, not SP anymore :kissing_smiling_eyes: ) :

So, is this a deprecated feature ? Or v11FR21 is not supported for staging, or just a missing FR ?

Of course, what I need to have is a staged environment in the same version as mine, not to a previous (might not work at all) or a next FR (might also not be relevant).. 

Or maybe I did not get the purpose of this CV CS staging..

I hope I don’t have to raise a case to report this, that’s why I’m asking our Community :wink:

Editing one more time!

We’re looking into this.  Had a few conversations with a few people about the conflict.

I’ll update once everyone is in agreement and we have an answer!

Still working on the tool side, though 21 is still supported but not for much longer:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/2619_feature_release_schedule_and_lifecycles.html

Thanks @Mike Struening !

Regarding lifecycle, yes, that’s one of my current problems : 

Upgrade to an LTS version, which is only FR24, in fact. 

I had a look at FR25 and I have to admit that Command Center ‘menus’ have improved a lot in that FR..

My environment comes from a v10, upgraded to v11, then through SPs to FR.. 

So, as many others out there, a lot of legacy-built features in use (SPs, no plans, indexing v1, partly external scheduler/job submission/control), java console usage, and each upgrade brings many surprises..

That’s why I think it’s high time to use the CS Staging feature :)

Yeah, there’s definitely a time to upgrade, and you’re right there!

Generally, the advice is to upgrade to the highest Long Term Support version, unless a newer release has some super cool feature you absolutely want.

In your case, FR25 sounds tempting, and is likely your best course of action!

Closing this off.  21 was not listed due to falling out of support.

Old thread but how do I get access to the “staging portal”? The link in the documentation above takes me to a web console, not the portal itself.